So I have just realized I really only have two weeks left in Spain. I leave the 20th early in the morning and get home that afternoon (a 6 hour time change makes that possible). I am quite anxious about seeing everyone at home and getting to relax a bit. This last week has actually been stressful trying to get school work done while living in the Spanish culture (e.g. I have to eat with my family daily at a certain time regardless of my workload, I have to commute to school for nearly an hour every day, and I can't stay in the library past 9pm). I am enjoying traveling a lot, but it also makes things more hectic. This weekend I head to Paris (I am leaving tomorrow night) and I am super excited, but I have two papers due on Monday that I really have to get working on.
I've also realized that the fact that I am going to South Africa this spring has changed my experience here. I am so excited about going that I sometimes let it overshadow my experience and I think it is part of the reason I am rather happy about returning to the US. This isn't to ignore the fact that I've realized Spanish culture isn't really 'me,' but it certainly changes things. Regardless, all is well. Life is good and I am definitely making the best of this year!
I know it snowed in PA yesterday and that DC is getting it today and it certainly has me wishing to get back to see some powdery white stuff. I've got to say the weather is great here - high of 68 and sunny tomorrow! - but December isn't December without a bit of snow. Soon enough!
Back to paper writing if I can work up the motivation to write 10 pages in Spanish... ojala!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sarah,
Thirteen days and counting. It is snowing and cold here so be prepared.
Love Mom
Post a Comment