Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Day in Spain

So it's officially Thanksgiving, although I doubt too many Americans have yet woken up unless they are maybe putting their turkeys in the oven. It's really making me miss home being here knowing that I am missing one of my favorite days of the year with my family and that I can't be there to help my mom cook and keep everything in our house under control when the guests come. Thankfully they gave us the day off of class and all of the Americans will be having a dinner together tonight that I believe is supposed to include turkey. Regardless, I am trying to not get my hopes up too high about how good the whole dinner will be. I'm sure it won't be nearly as tasty as what I am used to back at home! I just miss the feel of Thanksgiving, the beautiful fall we have in PA, the fact that Christmas is approaching and you can start listening to Christmas music from now on...

I officially now have less than a month left in Spain and it is going to be a busy one for sure. School is getting pretty intense and I've got papers to write, but I've got to balance that with the trips I've planned and enjoying my last month abroad. I also met another student here who is from Kenya so I can practice Swahili a bit and I don't want to miss out on that either. We are going to Barcelona tomorrow and I am really excited, but I still feel the longing for the comfort of home.

Anyway, I just want to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone and to enjoy your time together!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah!
I can't believe Christmas is in a few weeks. Time is moving too fast. I hope you're enjoying Spain, I wish I could have come and visited you :)
Hopefully we'll see you around Christmas!!
<33Kirsten

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
We survived however but you were missed greatly. Hope your turkey was good. Have fun in Barcelona.
Love Mom
4 weeks to until you come home.