Sunday, November 18, 2007

more of my parent's visit

Well I've had my chance to relax again after a weekend with nothing to do and I got a good bit of work done. I wanted to post the other pictures that I have from Alicante with my parents, especially from when we climed up El Castillo (The Castle) de Santa Barbara in Alicante.

These are from the first two days in Alicante:
out for dinner on the first night together

Plaza de Espana in Alicante

on the beach!

huge church in Alicante
dinner the next night

These next pictures are from the Castillo.
I think my mom wanted to kill me as my dad and I dragged her all the way to the top, but I do believe she thought it was worth it. It's quite beautiful and the view from above is great.


that is what we were facing...

and this is a view of old downtown Alicante from half-way up

my dad giving my mom a hand




We finally made it to the top!





a view of Alicante's main street at night

These other pictures are of the first day in Madrid. I couldn't post them earlier because I hadn't taken my uploader thing with me on our trip, but here they are!

the first thing we saw upon exiting the Metro in downtown Madrid


This is a picture from the Museo Thyssen. As I think I mentioned in my earlier blog, we found a picture from a painter from Wilkes-Barre in Madrid! que ironico...

The National Congress of Spain

statute in the Puerto del Sol

walking around Madrid during sunset




checking out a traditional spanish dance exhibition in the plaza


All that was left over after we devoured the churros... y ya esta! (that's it!)

1 comment:

kmbalu said...

Hey! Your pictures are awesome! I am living vicariously through you about your trip to Madrid cus I will have to wait for some other time to go. Your parents are adorable! It looks like you guys had a good time! Can't wait for BARCELONA this weekend!!