I am taking a trip to Granada, Spain for the weekend, along with all the other American students here on my program. I am really looking forward to seeing the Alhambra! We leave tomorrow morning, so I just wanted to write something quickly before leaving.
This week has been good, but really since being back from Italy I've mostly just been doing school work. I had a relaxing weekend and was able to download and catch up on Grey's Anatomy online! Classes are going well and I like the subject matter for the most part. I am unfortunately missing home a bit more now, especially knowing that my Aunt Blanche is still sick. But my parents are coming to visit me here in less than two weeks and I can't wait to see them. I also can't wait to get a couple of material things I'm missing from the US too.
I have concluded that I would probably like Spain twice as much if I just had internet in my house. This wouldn't be a huge problem if our classes and professors weren't always sending us emails and asking us to use the internet to do research, but when they do this and I have to leave my house and either commute 40 minutes or pay $1.50/hour to use the internet, I just end up frustrated. This isn't to say I don't like Spain, just that their lack of technological up-to-dateness has left me a bit less keen about living with a family here.
Otherwise, things are good. I've made some Spanish friends and hung out with some of them this past weekend. I wish we had more weekends here so we could see them instead of always traveling. The university system in Spain is quite unlike the US in that students in almost every case just go to the university close to them and continue living at home throughout college. There really aren't dorms on my campus. This makes socializing all a bit more complicated and the campus is completely empty on the weekends. It also makes me miss Georgetown! Regardless, I met a couple of really nice girls and they're really fun to talk to. They were really excited about being abroad and a lot of the people I've met were quite surprised I want to travel as much as I do.
I've just got one class today and then to go book shopping, but then it's a nice weekend that lies ahead. Hope everything is well with everyone back home! Write me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment