Thursday, September 6, 2007

Viajes!

I only have a few minutes, but I wanted to write something quick! Spain is still going great - we´ve now finished up orientation and I´m getting settled in. We had a trip to a huge old caste from the time when the Muslims occupied Spain (for approximately 800 years) and afterwards some nearby waterfalls to swim. It was wonderful - freezing but just really awesome, especially to jump in the water from the nearby platforms. I am hoping that I have some good pictures. The next day we went to a nearby festival tin celebration of the Christians and Moors. It takes place in a town called Villena and about one half of the entire population participates (and the other half watch!) They are all dressed up as either Christians or Moors and they parade down the streets in these grandiose costumes. Everyone is singing and dancing, etc... and it goes on until 4 in the am (unfortunately, we could only stay until 8pm). Quite fun!

Now we´re getting settled into our classes. I have intensive spanish for the next three weeks and it seems like it will be challenging. I have to write a composition tonight because I am going to Ibiza this weekend (a nearby island that is supposed to be a lot of fun) and I have to do it before I leave. We had class this morning, but I was able to spend all afternoon on the beach half studying, half sun bathing. The beach is only about a 25 minute walk, or a 10 minute bus ride, so it´s pretty awesome. =) The weather here is GREAT! Right now, I feel like this is more vacation than school, but I have a feeling this will be changing soon. For now, I´ll just enjoy it!

No comments: